As I was leaving Gracie in her yard today to go get her brush, she jumped up on the fence door... and, as I closed the door, her toenail broke. Although, I didn't realize it until I had come back and was brushing her. I noticed some blood on her leg and a drop on my toe. When I brushed down her front left leg, I saw her toenail. It was broken to her paw and was halfway attached and pointing to the side. Dan got home from work so I told him. We considered just cutting off the nail, but he called the vet, and they said to go ahead a bring her in. (I apologize for the lack of photos of the actual injury.) They ended up giving her anesthesia, cutting the nail all the way off, and bandaging it up. $117 later we came home with this bum of a dog. Although, the bum part only lasted an hour. After that she started running around and trying to take off her bandage (which is supposedly supposed to stay on for 2-3 days). So, we promptly found her e-collar (from when she took out her stiches after getting spayed). So, that was our adventure. And hence the reminder: dogs sure are expensive. I think Gracie needs to get a job instead of laying around the house all the time (Actually, it'd be OK if she layed around the house. She does more of gathering any fabric she can get her snout on....)
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago



5 comments:
awwww... poor puppy. :(
Jake just said, "Aww poor girl, I've got something to make her feel all better."
That's what I get for letting him watch "Grey's" at night.
And "Desperate Housepups"...
I totally feel your pain! The General totally takes lots of my money, so I understand. Your dog is really great looking.
She looks so pitiful in those pictures!
Missed you guys tonight, have a happy fourth and a great trip!
Post a Comment