Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Water Play

Caedmon has always loved to play in the water. With only a handful of exceptions over the past 14 months, he has loved bathtimes. For his birthday, we bought him a water table. It'll be ideal to put on the screened porch on those hot summer days. He LOVES it; there was not a dry part of his body/clothes after this playtime.
Then, last week, Caedmon was wandering around with his bowls he likes to play with. After a few minutes of not seeing him, we heard splashing and this is what we found in the bathroom. Like any self-respecting parents, we first reached for the camera before reminding him that we don't play in the potty.
Although Caedmon is almost always very content, we sometimes have to be extra creative here at the hotel for fun things to do. One rather warm day Dan took him outside with a storage tub filled with water to play. I went inside to sew. After a few minutes, I came out to find this...Dan claims he climbed in there on his own.
(He totally did~Dan)

4 comments:

Tyler and Becky Rider said...

Don't feel bad about the storage tub. I put Eve in one on a hot day and she loved it and asks to go in it all the time.

The Sinks said...

Kathryn loves water too. Call her the next time you're having a water-playing craving, and she'll join in on the fun! :)

Sarah Rose said...

I love his water table! Where did you guys get it? It looks like a simple one, which is what I'd like to have for our porch... do share details!!

Carolynn said...

We gave Callahan a water table for her birthday, too! She loves it. She's totally drenched at the end. Not to mention her favorite thing to do is dunk her head in the water.