Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ansley!

Wow, I have been finding it especially hard to believe that an entire year has passed since we first met our sweet little Ansley, becoming a family of 4 and giving Caedmon a best friend.   We celebrated her birthday on Saturday with some family and a few friends.  I am thrilled with how the party turned out:  The decorations were just as I envisioned, the food was yummy, and I think everyone had a good time.   Here are a few pictures...I posted more on facebook.
She still seems so "baby", but I'm savoring it.  I also know that she's growing up before our very eyes. At 12 (!) months, she:

  • sleeps from about 7:30 pm until 6 am, nurses, and then goes back to sleep until 8ish. 

  • usually takes 2 naps: about an hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.

  • eats pretty much what we eat: her latest favorites are french toast, watermelon, and toast with cream cheese sandwich.

  • very much enjoyed her first taste of sweets at her party.

  • has 6 teeth--4 top and 2 bottom (but I think is cutting some molars).

  • still nurses 2-3 times a day, but no set schedule other than the early morning time.

  • started on cows milk this morning and seemed to like it.  We don't give her juice yet but I'm sure she's tasted/shared Caedmon's numerous times.

  • has pretty much always prefered straw cups instead of sippy cups.

  • crawls all over the place.

  • pulls up in her crib.

  • has not started cruising.

  • is very content.

  • isn't quite as attached as she was, but still usually prefers mommy.

  • still thinks Caedmon is the best friend ever.  She laughs at him and loves to be around him (often crawling into his room while he's napping).

  • has been doing room time pretty successfully for a couple weeks now.

  • is comforted by a paci and her bunny at sleepy times, but can sleep fine without them.

  • wears 12 month clothes. (Her 1 year well child check isn't for another couple weeks, so I don't know her current "stats".)

  • claps, waves, and usually puts her hands together to pray.

  • loves to play peek-a-boo by putting stuff over her face.

  • loves to cuddle and is quite content to just sit with mommy or daddy.
  Happy Birthday, Ansley!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Ansley! Cant believe she is already 1!