Thursday, October 27, 2011

Eleri is 6 months old!

Well, she's actually 6 months + a couple weeks, but whatev!! 

Our sweet Eleri turned 6 months old on October 15th.  She's got big brown eyes like her siblings (and her daddy) and she continues to favor Caedmon, although some of her expressions are beginning to remind me of Ansley. 

At 6 months Eleri:
  • started solids and loves 'em!  She started rice cereal on her 6-month-day and has since eaten bananas and avocado.  Sweet potatoes are on the menu for this week.  She eats "solid" food once a day, although I think I'm going to start increasing it.
  • started drinking water from a sippy cup and is quite the champ.
  • is nursing anywhere from 5-8 times a day. The 8x comes when she's waking up at night. 
  • (speaking of waking at night), she's gone through sleep-through-the-night phases, but now regularly wakes up around 1 and 4 (seriously?!)  Sometimes I think I'm going to let her fuss and train her to sleep through the night.  Sometimes I would just rather just nurse her and enjoy the snuggles.  Don't judge!
  • will take a bottle!  (Neither of the other kids would still take a bottle at this age; although it's rare that she needs to use a bottle, it's nice to be able to have milk stored up just in case)
  • is wearing some 6-9 month clothes and some 12 (!) month clothes.
  • weighed 16 lbs 7 oz at her WBC (60 %ile) and was in the 90 %ile for height (I don't remember how "tall" she was)
  • is *almost* able to sit up unassisted.  Give her another week or so.
  • is most definitely a thumb sucker.
  • has grown quite attached to her elephant lovey.
OK...enough with the info, onto some pics...

Her 5 month cupcake picture!


 She loves to go on adventures...like apple picking!
She looks like Caedmon here.
 Ha!  This is her sad face...although, she hardly ever fusses in the bumbo!
 The girls love to cuddle in Ansley's big girl bed!  (A takes such good care of her)

She reminds me of Ansley in the above picture.


 Had to include the leg rolls!
 Six month cupcake picture!
 Tiramisu cupcake...yummy!  Recipe here.

1 comment:

Krisha said...

What a cutie pie!! She looks so much like Caedmon!! I loved the leg roll pic and how her her little toes are curled. I love that you made tiramisu cupcakes!! so fun you are!! and I loved the pic you had of them in their minnie mouse and mickey costumes!! ADORABLE!!