Saturday, May 19, 2007

Eviction of a Tenant


The other morning, I was taking Gracie out for her morning potty. Little did I know, I had a surprise waiting for me. A snake, yep Mr. Johnny No Arms himself. It seems that a cottonmouth had made it way up into our yard and was sunning itself on our front step. The snake was probably just as startled as I and quickly slithered away. Making sure to keep an eye on him, I grabbed my shoes and decided to take evasive action. Since only the snake would know were he was going to be in the next couple of days and I did not want to find him with my foot later on. So I gently coaxed him out of his hiding spot and then took my snake decapitating device (a shovel) and took control of the situation. He was not a happy camper by any means as he striking the shovel and hissing at me. But as the picture confirms above, Officer Jordan prevailed and the turtles ate well that evening. (since I threw the dead snake into the lake for the turtles)

No comments: