Caedmon's Four-Month-Old Day was yesterday but I figured I'd wait to post until this morning's dr. appointment. Above, though, you'll see the monthly pose with the pound cake-notice he's awake ;) I am daily amazed at how fast he's growing and changing. He loves to "talk" (who does he get that from?) and make lots of noises. The newest, greatest thing? He's really started to notice Gracie and as he watches her walk around the room, he laughs at her like she's the funniest thing ever! We need to get it on video and figure out how to upload it--it's absolutely adorable! He's also quite interested/excited about petting her. Gracie doesn't mind the petting and the occasional fur grab. She's just happy to find someone who likes face kisses (hey, we TRY not to let her but we don't always react fast enough).
We officially have a thumb-sucker. Try as we did to get him to take a paci, he loves those thumbs. Often he's more chewing on them, but thumb-in-the-mouth nonetheless. Sometimes he'll even have them both in there (see pic below, which was taking during an outfit change!)
He's enjoying tummy time more and more. Looking at this puppy book helps pass the time for him.
The picture below was taken during what was supposed to be naptime. We thought it was a cute one to leave you with!!
Weight:16 lbs 13 oz (80-85th %)
Length: 26 1/2 inches (90th %)
Head Circumference (if you care): 43 cm
In other, yet related news...
By the end of this week, we'll be starting the journey in cloth diapering!
Yes, you read that right; I can hardly believe it myself, though. A little background...although I don't really have more time now than when I was teaching, I definitely have more time to think about, research, and plan for things that affect our little family, particularly our health and budget (those things tend to enter my thoughts often). The idea to look into "CD", as they call it, began as I was blog-stalking some acquaintances the other day. I looked into the possibility and was sold immediately; particularly because the lack of chemicals, etc in cloth diapers on our little baby's bum. But also because of the HUGE financial implications (particularly because of our housing situation, we don't pay water or electricity). As I was researching, I realized diapers have come a LONG way from the horror stories told by our moms. We ordered some diapering supplies (for about the cost of 2 months of disposable diapers) and have committed to CDs for 2 months (to at least break-even, if nothing else). But the supplies we ordered should pretty much get us through until Caedmon is potty trained (other than a few adjustments here and there). For those of you curious, there's a lot of info out there. Supposedly, especially because of the cost of oil, diaper costs are going up and cloth diapers are making a comeback. I'll be sure to keep you updated on how it's going and include a post soon of some resources.



5 comments:
How exciting for you guys!! We are big fans of cloth diapering over here! The Riders do it too. Hope you enjoy! Keep us posted on how it goes!
Kim - I am so excited to hear about the CD journey! One of the mom's in my mom's group does it and she was showing and telling me all about it. If we didn't have a garage full of disposables that we got from our shower, I would totally take on the CD adventure myself. Maybe with kid #2. I look forward to hearing all about the adventure.
Caedmon is so cute by the way!
Blessings,
Karen :)
Hey Guys! Caedmon is so cute and getting so big. I think he is officially bigger than Madeline now :) If you wanted another resource on cloth diapering you might want to check out http://prayerofhannah.blogspot.com/
You can scroll down and find all of their posts about cloth diapering on the right. (There might be a bunch of other topics that you are interested in as well.) I enjoy reading this blog occasionally as well. Talk to you soon.
What a big boy! I'm very impressed with your move to CD's. I've often considered it, but never truely researched. I have 2 close friends that do it and swear by it. Maybe I'll try it some day:) Let me know how it goes!
ok, so you've gotten me so curious to look more into CDs, and I'm so waiting to hear how it goes for you! In case I forget to ask you, let me know which brand you're trying...
Post a Comment