Sunday, August 30, 2009

Some little things I've enjoyed lately...

In addition to sewing a bunch over the past months, I've also been doing small around-the-house projects. We've been in this house for just under a year (but living in Roanoke for close to 6 months of that year). So, I've finally been "refining" some of the organization and decor. Here are some of my favorites (these all happen to be in the kitchen):

1. I spray painted some old wooden frames red. Hanging them in the kitchen under the pot rack, I use 1 for a picture, 1 for the weekly dinner menu, and 1 for "notes". I printed off templates to go under the glass and I write on the glass using a dry erase marker.

2. This white cake plate sits beside our coffee maker to keep our coffee supplies contained. The glass canisters hold the caffeinated coffee, decaf coffee, sugar, and other sweeteners.
3. And the latest addition to our kitchen: a big glass jar. It'll hold our homemade goodies like cookies or granola bars.Speaking of kitchens, if I can figure out how to upload word documents, I'll share my meal plan template and my grocery list template.

And here are 2 more "little things" I've enjoyed lately:

3 comments:

Naomi said...

I love the dry erase boards. I was planning on making one for our kitchen once we are done working on it. But, we will see if it really gets done. Your's are really fun.

Britt said...

What cute ideas! I really need to work on getting some "pretty" organization and storage for our kitchen. I love the meal planner, but I don't know that I'm organized enough to use it :) Thanks for stopping by A Penny Saved and leaving a comment!

Sew Much Ado said...

Oh my gosh, I love the picture frame and dry erase marker idea for your meal plan and notes. I am so going to make something like that for my kitchen! Well, at least I'll put it on my list of things that I will never accomplish :).