Tuesday, September 22, 2009

18 months...


I just HAD to add this picture from dinner tonight.  Dan's gone and being the super mom I am, I was checking blogs while Caedmon was finishing up his dinner.  I looked over and this is what I saw...


Yes, that's his plate filled with milk (and one chicken nugget). 

OK...on to the original post...



Wow, it's hard to believe that Caedmon is 18 months old!!  And I am long past due for a post dedicated to him, so here you go:  Caedmon is SO fun.  He is so happy, friendly, laid back and easy going.  He loves to wave and blow kisses; and absolutely loves to give Ansley hugs.
*A big brother: He has adjusted so well to being a big brother.  I even hesitate to say "adjust" bc there didn't even seem to be any adjustment needed.  He's been nothing but sweet and loving to her since day 1.  He brings blankets and toys to her, he throws her diapers away, he gives her hugs and kisses, and he rocks her in her seat/swing.  He shows signs of compassion when she's sad and has started making silly faces to get her to smile and giggle. I love to watch them interact!
*Eating:  He's still a super eater although has slowed down a bit and actually stops eating when he's full!  Crazy, I know.  Lately, he's really been enjoying cucumbers and tomatoes with ranch to dip.  He's really not picky and for meals just eats whatever we're having.  He's really good at using a fork/spoon, so we try to encourage that as much as possible.
*Talking: He knows the signs for eat, all done, more, and please and uses them consistently.  He says 10ish (real) words and says a lot more words that we know what he means (ex: "dah" is banana) Lately, every time we get out the camera or our phones, he says, "cheese".
*Play: He has room time for about an hour each morning where he plays by himself.  I usually find him looking at books, playing with his cars/trucks, riding on his ride-on truck, or looking out the window.  He loves to be outside, helping me in the yard, playing with his toys, or just running around.
*Other learning: When we say, "where is Caedmon's hair?", he can point to it.  He also knows eyes, ears, nose, tongue, teeth, belly button, hands, and feet.  He can make the sounds that a horse, hippo and dog make and has almost mastered a sheep and a pig.  He can do most of "pat a cake".
*Potty: Disclaimer: We are not "potty training".  He's just seemed quite interested lately, so we got him a little potty yesterday.  After I changed his nighttime diaper this morning, I sat him on it and he peepeed!  I couldn't believe it.  He's sat on it a few times today and peed in it again right after lunch.
So, definitely not trying to "train" him, but letting him sit on the potty periodically throughout the day.  He LOVES to "go sit on the potty"; he likes to just sit there and look at books. Hehe.  He gets quite sad when I say it's time to get up and put on his diaper.

Wow, this got long fast!  I better stop even though I could go on and on and on and on...

(The pictures at the top of the page are from Maymont in Richmond.  The pictures below were from our trip to Ocean City a few weeks ago.)

2 comments:

The Nolls said...

What a sweet, big boy! I can't believe how much he looks like both of you. I love it!

Naomi said...

I'm not sure I know what sound a hippo makes :) He's getting so big! I hope Madeline is as good of a big sister as Caedmon is a big brother!