Thursday, October 28, 2010

the "big kid" room....

Well, most of you know already that we're expecting Baby #3 in late April.  If you didn't get the memo...consider yourself informed!!  We're 15 weeks along and feeling great.  The below picture is from 9ish weeks.

Since our house only has 3 bedrooms, we knew some people were going to have to share a room: parents/new baby?  ansley/new baby?  the big kids?  Each option had it's positives and negatives, but after much deliberation, we thought the "big kids" sharing a room made the most sense.  Our plan is to make the switch shortly after Christmas so there's plenty of adjustment time before the adjustment to new baby.  I've got lots of "design" ideas floating around my head and will begin implementing those in the coming months, but went ahead and moved around Caedmon's room to see how space factored in.  Thankfully Ansley will be in her crib in the beginning (and hopefully for a while...then I think we'll have to do the toddler-bed-thing.  I'm not seeing another twin bed fitting very well).  Caedmon loves his "new room" and knows that one day Ansley will be sleeping in there too.  For now, they love playing and relaxing on the extra crib mattress. 

Some things that will change for their shared room (yes, I have the details -ie colors- in my head, but I gotta leave some surprises for the grand reveal):
1.  We'll take out the small blue dresser and put Ansley's bigger white dresser in its place.
2.  Ansley's crib (or the crib from the attic) will replace the mattress on the floor.
3.  The toys at the end of Caedmon's bed will find themselves some better/more efficient storage to be combined with Ansley's toys that will need a home, too.
4.  I'm going to make new curtains.
5.  We're going to paint the walls (and change the artwork/decor).
6.  I'm going to put a different blanket on Caedmon's bed and fold his quilt at the end of the bed.

Dan and I went tent (!) camping last Saturday night and then took the kiddos to the pumpkin patch on Sunday.  I'm hoping (but don't you go get your hopes up too high) to post some pictures sometime *soon*.   Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Naomi said...

It looks like so much fun for the big kids to share a room. I am excited to see the big reveal.