When I awoke to a loud crack of thunder
I arose off the bed
Rushed to the window, like a rocket sled
Lightening was flashing this way and that
Scary enough to flush out our rat
I quickly gained composure
Covered myself to avoid exposure
With the clouds moving out of sight
I grabbed my camera with all my might
So here are the shots that my Nikon saw
I hope you enjoy them, as you stare in awe
This was the storm that passed through on 03/15 and it actually scared me. I woke up and thought the house had been hit by a tornado. Kimberly on the other hand was awake when the storm came through and was wondering why I was acting so crazy.
The storm cleared around 330AM (you can see the reflection of the clock in the kitchen window). Oh wait you may need a magnifying glass to see what the red dot says.
Anyway, as you can see I took the opportunity to capture some cloud/cloud and cloud/ground lightning. It is a very tricky thing to catch. I would take a long exposure and then the camera would finish and then an amazing bolt with hit. But I am very pleased with the final product and frankly I am just glad that I finally was able to catch some lightening.
Should I be out in the open on top of a dam?
Not bad. But should I still be up here?
Yeah, probably not.
Fire in the sky, with the blades of glory...
The now famous tree that I seem to take a picture of everyday.
Pretty thweet!!!
Hard to center, but nevertheless.
Saved the best for last. Actually my first shot while on the dam.

I arose off the bed
Rushed to the window, like a rocket sled
Lightening was flashing this way and that
Scary enough to flush out our rat
I quickly gained composure
Covered myself to avoid exposure
With the clouds moving out of sight
I grabbed my camera with all my might
So here are the shots that my Nikon saw
I hope you enjoy them, as you stare in awe
The storm cleared around 330AM (you can see the reflection of the clock in the kitchen window). Oh wait you may need a magnifying glass to see what the red dot says.



No comments:
Post a Comment