Thursday, March 6, 2008

a shout-out to my nesting buddy...

Well, first of all, there is no news of baby's arrival yet. We have, however, finally decided on a name which will be announced upon his grand entrance to this world. I stopped working last Friday and Dan was off Monday-Wednesday, so we've been hanging out, running errands, and working on the house...which leads me to the current post.

Dan has been the most wonderful nesting buddy!! I've been feeling well enough to get a lot done...a friend at school gave me this wooden shelf, so Dan hung it in the office. He also stained all the little hanging picture frames for me and printed off the pictures. Thank you, honey!


Yesterday, though, I wasn't feeling great and we basically sat on the couch the entire day and were "resting" buddies. He does such a good job taking care of me. Last night, we got a burst of energy and while I sat on my bum and did some filing, Dan worked on the kitchen. I wasn't quite sure what I'd find when I went in there...but I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves...



That's just a taste!! He washed all the dishes, cleaned and organized the fridge and freezer and all the cabinets. And this morning before he went to work at 8:00, he put the dishes away that he'd washed!! My husband is amazing. (He always has been amazing...it's not just times like these...I just have REALLY good proof this time!)

7 comments:

Carolynn said...

Hey Jordans! This is Carolynn Woodall from OMPC(Michael and Sarah's friends)! I just thought I'd check y'all out to see if baby boy Jordan had made his grand entrance yet. I'm glad you are done at work and enjoying a few days of R&R before D-day. Enjoy it! We hope to hear some good news soon!

Carolynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Rose said...

So, I just saw your ticker at the bottom... only 5 days to go!

I am SO glad that you are enjoying this time off from work, and that Dan was home to enjoy it with you -- or at least the first few days of it! I'm going to be out and about tomorrow, so I'll give you a call -- may have to just swing by and say hi!

Love you!

The Nolls said...

wow!! That is really impressive, Dan! Way to go! hang in there Kim! I'm praying for you as I pray for myself - for patience to wait and strength for labor and delivery. looks like babies noll and jordan aren't going to be too far apart in birthdays, if at all...how fun!

The Sinks said...

Looks great! Praying for you guys!!

JRob said...

I want to see those photos that you hung on the shelf... I miss you two (soon to be three).

Anonymous said...

Kimmy, its so wonderful to be able to locate you. Can you imagine today i was so disturbed about you and i said a prayer for you. I came to work and googled you and there you were on your last days of pregnancy. You will be in my prayers even as you go to the labour and congratulations.

You can send me your email i will sure do write you back. I got Married last year in June to a wonderful man Edward and we are happy and thanking God for his protection on us even during the hard times we had a few months ago in kenya.

Check me out on face book i have a few wedding pix there. Love you gal and miss you and say hi to Jordan
Be blessed.

Florence