Saturday, September 6, 2008

'Twas a Couple Nights Before our Move

'Twas a night filled with packing the rest of our house;
Our Gracie creature was stirring and even a louse;

The boxes were stacked by the door with care,
In hopes that our moving truck soon would be there.

The wife and I continued to work and wished for our bed,
while visions of a dishwasher danced in our heads;
And mamma with the baby and I with camera in hand,
Had just finished taking a family picture as planned,
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the door and discovered I had whiplash.
The motion light was activated and burned bright,
This in turn shed some much needed light.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear below,

Our friend the Holiday Armadillo!
(If this makes no sense, watch Friends, "The One with the Holiday Armadillo")

We figure that he came by because we are moving and he needed our change of address. That is the thing, Holiday Armadillo is big on the customer service and is constantly improving his present delivery system; unlike a jolly, fat guy that we know.


It is one of those things, that I would look out the window randomly at midnight and see Wally scurry across the driveway.

BE CAREFUL! That is his "Photo Op" stance and something I have been trying to capture for quite some time. And as you can see it was bigger than Kimberly and Caedmon.

Thats a good armadillo.

And if that wasn't enough fun, it continued in the house. I had this little guy fall out of my pant leg when we got back inside. It seems the "Don't Mess with Texas" stickers weren't enough, they had to bring us their scorpions and armadillos.



5 comments:

Carolynn said...

Hello Goodbye, Jordans! Jim and I just wanted to say, We are very sad we won't be able to see y'all before you leave! It seems to have come up all of the sudden! We will miss y'all! I also remembered the church I went to in Va Beach. New Covenant Presbyterian Church. Please keep in touch...we'll be sure check your blog!

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

Oh my goodness...quite the experience! That scorpion looks so big. My sis in law was just stung by one in St. George...she's OK, but I have a slight fear of them now. :)

Naomi said...

I like the armadillo... but not so much the scorpion. ewwww! I've never seen a real armadillo. That's pretty cool! We are praying for you guys during your move!

David and Rachel Russo said...

I'm not sure which I like better, the armadillo or the scorpion. I think the armadillo posing for the camera wins though. By the way, our blog is up...you should check it out.

Corey Nolen said...

hey cool house! seriously are there scorpions there? we miss you guys too. hows the adjustment been?