Well, as you all know summer is quickly coming to an end and with it many things follow. For instance, it will probably be a couple months before you see another one of these days.
(unless you live in Alabama)

Yea, it gets that hot down here and yet it is still a little piece of heaven.
Anyway, with it the park empties, boats become lonely, rangers smile and children are at school txting their friends two seats over. It is a time of transition and renewal ( it is much like Disney World without the screaming kids).
However, this year is going to be a little different. Our transition takes us out of Alabama and back to Virginia. As you all know I have accepted a position at Kiptopeke State Park on the Eastern Shore. It is sad to leave Oak Mountain State Park and Oak Mountain Presbyterian. We have been here the longest in our marriage. Yes, this is our fifth move in less than four years (let us know if you ever need packs tips or let us plan your next move). At the same time Kimberly and I are so excited to get back home. It is exciting to get back where we will be close to other family(esp. grandparents) and friends. But it is sad to be leaving family and friends, a great church, and a great park here in Alabama.
Kimberly and I were talking about what an amazing experience it has been to be here in Alabama of all places. God has shown us a lot and we have grown our marriage. And like I said it is hard to leave Oak Mountain PCA. We enjoy the church so much and have been placed in the care of some truly amazing people. We just hope that we encounter the same blessing on the Eastern Shore. But not to worry, if we can't find new friends we will just have to attract friends to the beach with our luxurious accommodations.
So we will be moving this coming week, September 9th and with that we say "Farewell Oak Mountain and Hello Kiptopeke". Yes, the park is Kiptopeke, funny name maybe. But I have only worked in indi... I mean "first peoples" named parks. First, I worked at Occoquan Regional Park, then there was Algonkian Regional Park, and now Kiptopeke State Park. I believe I am setting a precedence.
Please Pray:
-that we have a safe and uneventful move
- that we continue to trust God in where He is moving/leading us
- that we do not forget the blessing that we have been given while in Birmingham
-for my new job/our new home
-that we find a new church home.
When we get to Kiptopeke we will post more about the park.
In the meantime, enjoy our sideshow tribute to Oak Mountain.
Yea, it gets that hot down here and yet it is still a little piece of heaven.
Anyway, with it the park empties, boats become lonely, rangers smile and children are at school txting their friends two seats over. It is a time of transition and renewal ( it is much like Disney World without the screaming kids).
However, this year is going to be a little different. Our transition takes us out of Alabama and back to Virginia. As you all know I have accepted a position at Kiptopeke State Park on the Eastern Shore. It is sad to leave Oak Mountain State Park and Oak Mountain Presbyterian. We have been here the longest in our marriage. Yes, this is our fifth move in less than four years (let us know if you ever need packs tips or let us plan your next move). At the same time Kimberly and I are so excited to get back home. It is exciting to get back where we will be close to other family(esp. grandparents) and friends. But it is sad to be leaving family and friends, a great church, and a great park here in Alabama.
Kimberly and I were talking about what an amazing experience it has been to be here in Alabama of all places. God has shown us a lot and we have grown our marriage. And like I said it is hard to leave Oak Mountain PCA. We enjoy the church so much and have been placed in the care of some truly amazing people. We just hope that we encounter the same blessing on the Eastern Shore. But not to worry, if we can't find new friends we will just have to attract friends to the beach with our luxurious accommodations.
So we will be moving this coming week, September 9th and with that we say "Farewell Oak Mountain and Hello Kiptopeke". Yes, the park is Kiptopeke, funny name maybe. But I have only worked in indi... I mean "first peoples" named parks. First, I worked at Occoquan Regional Park, then there was Algonkian Regional Park, and now Kiptopeke State Park. I believe I am setting a precedence.
Please Pray:
-that we have a safe and uneventful move
- that we continue to trust God in where He is moving/leading us
- that we do not forget the blessing that we have been given while in Birmingham
-for my new job/our new home
-that we find a new church home.
When we get to Kiptopeke we will post more about the park.
In the meantime, enjoy our sideshow tribute to Oak Mountain.



No comments:
Post a Comment