Monday, July 27, 2009

An overshare..and a splurge

We, at the Jordan household, are still cloth diapering. We do it mostly for the saving $ factor...we're not so much earth-conscious (although of course, saving the earth one diaper at a time is a bonus, just not a motivator). In addition to the $ saving aspect, another positive is that I really do feel like cloth is better on baby bums. Anyways...all that is kinda a side point.

Caedmon is now over 16 months old, we started cloth diapering when he was 4 months old, so we've been doing this for a year now!! Breastfed poo diapers are super easy to deal with; I just throw them in the pail. But toddler poo is a whole different story. He's been on "solid" food for 10 months now and the poo just gets worse. I'll spare you the major details, but let's just say, "clean up was not fun". I'd heard of "diaper sprayers" or "mini sprayers", but was skeptical of if they'd actually work and be worth the $. I really felt like we could do without one. For "some reason" (again, sparing you the details), one day a couple weeks ago, I decided I wanted one. So, I approached my sugar daddy, gave him the info and he gave me the go-ahead to order one.

And the verdict is...I LOVE IT!! Yes, you can certainly get by without one. But, if you cloth diaper, it makes things a TON easier once your precious one is on solid food!

1 comment:

The Sinks said...

After two unfortunate incidents this morning/early afternoon, I put the kids down for naptime, and promptly ordered one. I hope it gets here asap....!