Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ansley (6-7 Month Post)

I can hardly believe Ansley is over 7 months old already!  Our little baby is getting so old...yet I still feel like she's so "baby".  These are some of the pictures I took as her "6 month pictures", although she was more like 6 1/2 months old. Isn't she beautiful?  She's such a sweetheart, too!
  • She's so full of smiles and giggles and loves any attention she can get for herself (particularly from her brother). Overall, she's still a very happy and laid back young lady.
  • She's sitting up on her own consistently and isn't too wobbly anymore.  She spends a decent amount of time on her tummy, doing push ups and kicking her legs.  I don't see her crawling any time in the near future, though.
  • She started solids right at 6 months old and has definitely increased her liking for them; although she's a lot more "take it or leave it" than Caedmon ever was.
  • Her first 2 teeth are poking through her bottom gum and I think that may be making Ansley to be her not-as-happy-as-her-usual-self.
  • She loves to snuggle, look at books, and be sung to.
  • She is very ready for bedtime at 7 and sometimes before. She wakes up in the late evening to nurse and again 1-2 times at night before we get up for good between 7 and 8 am.  I'm not sure how I feel about it...but I'm enjoying my extra time with her.  It will be gone before I know it!
  • I think at her 6 month checkup she was a little over 16 lbs but I'm convinced she's gotten heavier since then.  Am I allowed to call her chunky? 
  • We've taken her out in the snow and she isn't quite sure what she thinks.  I might've taken her sledding, just 2 times and only half way down the hill. (pictures of that to come in the "snow" post)
    I think that's about it for now.  We've got more posts to come in the near future...lots of snow pictures especially.

2 comments:

Matt and Laurie Beardsley said...

So fun reading about Ansley! She is adorable! Maybe she can teach Matthew how to sit ;-)

Lauren said...

she is beautiful!